Do you remember back when you got your new vape device? Wasn’t it just the shiniest, sleekest thing you had ever seen? Three months is, and now your vape device is gunky, dirty, and tasting quite off every time you use it. The performance is sub-par, and you’re considering perhaps you need to buy a new one?
Hold that thought! There is absolutely no reason to empty your wallet buying another device with vape batteries in the UK. You can bring your old vape device back to life with some simple cleaning and maintenance work! It’s easy, quick, and will bring back the former glory of your vape.
How to Clean Your Vape Devices?
Now that you’re ready to start cleaning your vape devices, here’s what to do first.
Grab a small bowl to keep all of the parts you dissemble. This keeps everything organized, ensures you don’t lose any small pieces, and makes cleaning a whole lot easier. You should start by taking out your vape coils, UK. The next step is to take the rest of the tank apart while paying great attention to where and how different components fit. It’ll make the reassembly part significantly easier, and you won’t have to guess your way through it.
Once you’ve taken your device apart, here is how to clean the individual components, so you get the best flavour with a better throat hit the next time you vape.
1. Cleaning the Vape Tank
You would want the maximum flavour when you’re vaping, especially when using a new e-liquid. Unfortunately, most people forget to wash out their tanks properly before putting in the new e-liquid, causing the two flavours to mix and create an awful taste. Nobody wants their frozen cherries flavour with a hint of ice menthol!
To make sure this doesn’t happen, rinse out your vape tank every time you put in a new e-liquid. You should also do a deep clean of the tank every few months to ensure the best performance of your device.
How to Do a Simple Rinse?
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water.
- Dispose of any e-liquid still in the tank. Then disassemble your tank completely.
- Place all of the tank’s components in your bowl and wash until clean. If your tank is really dirty, you can add a few drops of Fairy dish liquid.
- Use a paper down to dry off all the components. Let them continue to air dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Resemble the tank carefully.
How to Do a Deep Clean?
- Detach your tank and dispose of any remaining e-liquid from it. Continue dissembling the tank completely.
- If you have e-liquid deposits in the tank, use high-proof and non-flavoured vodka as the solvent to break them down. You can apply some vodka on a paper towel and scrub the deposits off until your tank is squeaky clean.
- Wipe the vodka off using fresh paper towels and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Dry the tank off properly, and then reassemble the tank.
2. Cleaning the Vape Coils
Regardless of how clean you keep your device, you will need to replace the vape coils, UK at some point. Unfortunately, cleaning coils isn’t quite as straightforward as cleaning out the tank; hence most people prefer replacing them with new ones.
Before you consider cleaning your vape coils, first determine whether they are replaceable coils or a rebuildable atomizer.
Must Read: Why Is CBD So Expensive?
How to Clean Replaceable Coils?
Your replaceable coils would have come with a sub-ohm tank and clearomizers. While these can technically be cleaned, do note that there is no way to revive them completely. The most you will get is a few extra days of vaping before you need to replace the coils entirely. Here’s how to do it;
- Take your coils out and let them soak in vinegar, ethanol, or cheap vodka for a few hours.
- Rinse the coils off under the tap.
- Re-rinse the coils using some distilled water.
- Blow some air on the open side of the vape coils, UK, to make sure the water passes into the wicking holes.
- Use paper towels to dry off the coils and leave them to further air dry (preferably under the sun) for an hour before reassembling your device.
How to Clean Rebuildable Coils?
If you’re using a rebuildable atomizer, you shouldn’t be cleaning it every few weeks. Gunky coils will start tampering with the flavour of your e-liquid and reduce the vapour production too. Clean them following the instructions below;
- Remove the wicks from your coils.
- Dry burn the coils lightly, making sure that they don’t glow too much.
- Remove the rebuildable atomizer from your device and place it under running tap water.
- Brush off any gunkiness using a toothbrush.
- Rinse it once again and end with a final dry burn to remove all the water.
3. Cleaning the Vape Battery
When we talk about vape batteries, UK, we are referring to the main chunky section of your vape device, not the actual batteries inside it. This part of your device doesn’t need to be rinsed out and cleaned like the tank or the coils. After all, we know the disasters that can strike when electronic components are mixed with water – whoops!
Must Read: How to Make CBD Oil at Home?
Instead, you should just wipe down the side of the batteries with an antibacterial wipe (preferable one without any alcohol). This does a great job of removing any dirt, germs, or residue inside and ensures you get the best smoke and flavour.
There you have it, everything you should know about keeping your vape devices clean and well-maintained! Remember to do a simple rinse of the tank before using a new e-liquid flavour and a deep clean of the entire device every few weeks. Not only does it improve flavour and smoke pressure, but it also maintains the optimal performance of your device for a longer time!